Saturday 7 May 2011

Do it Yourself Springwatch

I just had to share this news. When we first moved into our house which has been 1 year last month, we put a nest box on the side of the house. This nest box came supplied with a camera. We have been checking on and off over the months and nothing. Last month we had a look and we could tell that something had been in the box. To cut a long story short, we have a blue tit nesting in the box. She laid 8 eggs, and is now the proud mother of 7 little tiny pink chicks. The pictures are taken from our tv screen so they aren't brilliant. Its great watching her and dad feeding the chicks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they all thrive.






4 comments:

  1. Oh this is precious. I bet you have so much fun watching these little ones grow.. I love this. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting - great pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are these, thankyou so much for your comments on my fleetweek post, you made me laugh out loud at my desk!... I'm so excited. & I won't do a Samantha or Charlotte!!!
    Have a great week!... Tx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet these babies are growing quickly.. Love these photos..Hope all is well with you. :)

    ReplyDelete