Wednesday 8 September 2010

The Great Orme, Llandudno





Today we went to Llandudno, Wales to climb to the top of the Great Orme. What a gorgeous day compared to yesterday. Well we got to the top with glorious sunshine and beautiful blue skies (even tho' my legs were feeling slightly tired) and were greeted by Welsh Mountain Goats, they were a sight to see. The Great Orme is 679 feet from sea level. The views are amazing, you can even see the Isle of Man. After an ice cream and a rest we then got on the Aerial Cable Cars which is the longest aerial cabin line in the British Isles. I wasn't too sure on going in one of these as I have a really bad fear of heights, but I did it and wasn't too scared, but unfortunately poor Archie was. Half way through the journey he decided he wanted to sit on my knee and then thats when the shivering started, and carried on until we got off. Poor Archie, but he soon recovered. After a bit of retail therapy we had a cream tea mmm before heading for home. And the good thing about it is that it is only about an hour and a half away from home.



1 comment:

  1. These pictures are amazing.. I love seeing pictures of different countries.. I have to ask what is cream tea? Poor Archie.. Hope he recovered.

    ReplyDelete